Continuing South Florida’s rapid expansion of the proverbial hip-hop map, rap duo Unsivilized is hoping that Fort Lauderdale can find its proper place. And what better way to get your city “on” than by showcasing its favorite pastime on your debut single? For MC’s Lil’ One and Nicess, that pastime includes pulling up in a decked-out Chevy and Whippin’ Da Bass from the trunk’s speakers. No stranger to that custom himself, fellow SoFlo representa’ Rick Ross throws in sixteen stuntin’ bars, but what really makes a track like Whippin’ Da Bass work is – obviously — the beat. In this case, let’s just say producer Issaic Oppus knows what he’s doing. The group’s mixtape, Head 2 Da Sky, is currently available on the streets of the Sunshine State.
Written by Burmy on 04/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.