Continuing South Florida’s rapid expansion of the proverbial hip-hop map, rap duo Unsivilized is hoping that Fort Lauderdale can find its proper place. And what better way to get your city “on” than by showcasing its favorite pastime on your debut single? For MC’s Lil’ One and Nicess, that pastime includes pulling up in a decked-out Chevy and Whippin’ Da Bass from the trunk’s speakers. No stranger to that custom himself, fellow SoFlo representa’ Rick Ross throws in sixteen stuntin’ bars, but what really makes a track like Whippin’ Da Bass work is – obviously — the beat. In this case, let’s just say producer Issaic Oppus knows what he’s doing. The group’s mixtape, Head 2 Da Sky, is currently available on the streets of the Sunshine State.
Written by Burmy on 04/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.