Continuing South Florida’s rapid expansion of the proverbial hip-hop map, rap duo Unsivilized is hoping that Fort Lauderdale can find its proper place. And what better way to get your city “on” than by showcasing its favorite pastime on your debut single? For MC’s Lil’ One and Nicess, that pastime includes pulling up in a decked-out Chevy and Whippin’ Da Bass from the trunk’s speakers. No stranger to that custom himself, fellow SoFlo representa’ Rick Ross throws in sixteen stuntin’ bars, but what really makes a track like Whippin’ Da Bass work is – obviously — the beat. In this case, let’s just say producer Issaic Oppus knows what he’s doing. The group’s mixtape, Head 2 Da Sky, is currently available on the streets of the Sunshine State.
Written by Burmy on 04/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.