Continuing South Florida’s rapid expansion of the proverbial hip-hop map, rap duo Unsivilized is hoping that Fort Lauderdale can find its proper place. And what better way to get your city “on” than by showcasing its favorite pastime on your debut single? For MC’s Lil’ One and Nicess, that pastime includes pulling up in a decked-out Chevy and Whippin’ Da Bass from the trunk’s speakers. No stranger to that custom himself, fellow SoFlo representa’ Rick Ross throws in sixteen stuntin’ bars, but what really makes a track like Whippin’ Da Bass work is – obviously — the beat. In this case, let’s just say producer Issaic Oppus knows what he’s doing. The group’s mixtape, Head 2 Da Sky, is currently available on the streets of the Sunshine State.
Written by Burmy on 04/2/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.