Upon first listen it’s hard to believe that Maryland rapper Uno Hype is merely 18-years-old. His lyricism is on par with that of rappers twice his age. With such a lyrical maturity it’s no surprise that Uno’s music videos are equally impressive. Just this week, the young emcee released the visuals for the DJ Black Diamond-produced We Were Kings, which was featured on Uno’s DJBooth-hosted Fxck The Hype project back in April. Hype keeps it cordial on We Were Kings, sticking with the “guests first” motto as he allows fellow emcee Hassani Kwess to drop his verse to kick off the song. The accompanying vidual for We Were Kings is an interesting mesh of random visuals (was that woman really overpowered by her small terrier?) and Uno Hype and Hassani trading bars against the backdrop of the city. Kings? At least for the time being.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.