Upon first listen it’s hard to believe that Maryland rapper Uno Hype is merely 18-years-old. His lyricism is on par with that of rappers twice his age. With such a lyrical maturity it’s no surprise that Uno’s music videos are equally impressive. Just this week, the young emcee released the visuals for the DJ Black Diamond-produced We Were Kings, which was featured on Uno’s DJBooth-hosted Fxck The Hype project back in April. Hype keeps it cordial on We Were Kings, sticking with the “guests first” motto as he allows fellow emcee Hassani Kwess to drop his verse to kick off the song. The accompanying vidual for We Were Kings is an interesting mesh of random visuals (was that woman really overpowered by her small terrier?) and Uno Hype and Hassani trading bars against the backdrop of the city. Kings? At least for the time being.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.