Upon first listen it’s hard to believe that Maryland rapper Uno Hype is merely 18-years-old. His lyricism is on par with that of rappers twice his age. With such a lyrical maturity it’s no surprise that Uno’s music videos are equally impressive. Just this week, the young emcee released the visuals for the DJ Black Diamond-produced We Were Kings, which was featured on Uno’s DJBooth-hosted Fxck The Hype project back in April. Hype keeps it cordial on We Were Kings, sticking with the “guests first” motto as he allows fellow emcee Hassani Kwess to drop his verse to kick off the song. The accompanying vidual for We Were Kings is an interesting mesh of random visuals (was that woman really overpowered by her small terrier?) and Uno Hype and Hassani trading bars against the backdrop of the city. Kings? At least for the time being.
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.