Upon first listen it’s hard to believe that Maryland rapper Uno Hype is merely 18-years-old. His lyricism is on par with that of rappers twice his age. With such a lyrical maturity it’s no surprise that Uno’s music videos are equally impressive. Just this week, the young emcee released the visuals for the DJ Black Diamond-produced We Were Kings, which was featured on Uno’s DJBooth-hosted Fxck The Hype project back in April. Hype keeps it cordial on We Were Kings, sticking with the “guests first” motto as he allows fellow emcee Hassani Kwess to drop his verse to kick off the song. The accompanying vidual for We Were Kings is an interesting mesh of random visuals (was that woman really overpowered by her small terrier?) and Uno Hype and Hassani trading bars against the backdrop of the city. Kings? At least for the time being.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.