It’s no secret that hip-hop has been known to get pretty live at times and although Earth-rattling bass and in-your-face lyricism is always welcomed sometimes it’s the subtler songs that are the real standouts. Take for instance Maryland rhymesayer Uno Hype‘s latest Booth feature The Kickback, an immensely smooth effort that doesn’t have to do much to get your attention. Even more impressive is the fact that Hype is merely 18-years-old and already knows that you don’t need all the bells and whistles to make a solid single. Serving as a “thank you release” in honor of Hype’s last music video nearing the 25k view mark, The Kickback features guest bars from fellow East Coast representer and Cinematic emcee Smoke DZA. Together the two emcees take on Jay Card‘s slightly horn-tinged production, swapping rhymes about everything from repping their hood to keeping it real musically. Although The Kickback isn’t attached to any project from Uno Hype, his FXCK THE HYPE EP is available for free stream and download.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.