Being from the DMV, I remember the days when the area was largely overlooked in discussions of major hip-hop cities. Thanks to artists like Wale, the DC area has earned a spot on the musical map, but now it’s up to the next generation to take us even farther. I’d say the region is in good hands, seeing as Uno Hype’s Plight is the third feature of the day from a DMV emcee (see 2 AM and Find My Way). Over the string-driven boardwork of Kenny Keys, Uno shows his more serious, no-nonsense side. The 19-year-old delivers his potent bars in an intriguing flow that has a grimy feel despite the crispness and alacrity in his voice (chalk that up to his hunger to keep the DMV moving). Plight can be found on Uno Hype’s Be Good mixtape, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.