Being from the DMV, I remember the days when the area was largely overlooked in discussions of major hip-hop cities. Thanks to artists like Wale, the DC area has earned a spot on the musical map, but now it’s up to the next generation to take us even farther. I’d say the region is in good hands, seeing as Uno Hype’s Plight is the third feature of the day from a DMV emcee (see 2 AM and Find My Way). Over the string-driven boardwork of Kenny Keys, Uno shows his more serious, no-nonsense side. The 19-year-old delivers his potent bars in an intriguing flow that has a grimy feel despite the crispness and alacrity in his voice (chalk that up to his hunger to keep the DMV moving). Plight can be found on Uno Hype’s Be Good mixtape, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.