Being from the DMV, I remember the days when the area was largely overlooked in discussions of major hip-hop cities. Thanks to artists like Wale, the DC area has earned a spot on the musical map, but now it’s up to the next generation to take us even farther. I’d say the region is in good hands, seeing as Uno Hype’s Plight is the third feature of the day from a DMV emcee (see 2 AM and Find My Way). Over the string-driven boardwork of Kenny Keys, Uno shows his more serious, no-nonsense side. The 19-year-old delivers his potent bars in an intriguing flow that has a grimy feel despite the crispness and alacrity in his voice (chalk that up to his hunger to keep the DMV moving). Plight can be found on Uno Hype’s Be Good mixtape, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.