Don’t let the title of Uno Hype‘s latest EP single for you; unlike the malt liquor that shares its name, Olde English is some top-shelf sh*t—and it almost certainly won’t leave you with a pounding headache tomorrow morning. Over the funky, flute-laced sample work of DJ Black Diamond, the Maryland rhymesayer trades self-assured bars with Chicago-by-way-of-D.C. rhymesayer Hassani Kwess (who recently made his solo Booth debut with Kick the Bass, Chuck). Watch for F*ck the Hype, Uno Hype’s collaborative EP with Black Diamond, to hit the ‘net in the near future. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the record’s official video.
Written by richard on 01/19/12
Submit your Rating
Reps Bombay Knox Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sense of Fulfillment" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)