There’s two types of “feel good” music: the kind that instigates that willful hedonism in us all and the kind that offers light, even a little hope. MaD SoN and Big Jess travels the latter with Unknown Prophets latest track New Day. Giving you automatic playback of classic hip-hop sounds through a DJ Premier-esque beat, the team takes turns describing the events that brought them to the point of dropping WP2, just over a decade from the release of their first album, World Premiere. Staying true to the style and sound that made them a recognizable group in the underground hip-hop world, this self-produced single layers multiple bass patterns over a variety of music styles, ranging from orchestra to soul samples to hip-rock, making for a production that speaks to their musical acquisition over the past fifteen years. The song shows faith, a little something that everybody could use these days. Unknown Prophets will celebrate the release of WP2 on 11/11/11 at the Triple Rock Social Club in Minneapolis.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knockin' Out Impostors" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.