There’s two types of “feel good” music: the kind that instigates that willful hedonism in us all and the kind that offers light, even a little hope. MaD SoN and Big Jess travels the latter with Unknown Prophets latest track New Day. Giving you automatic playback of classic hip-hop sounds through a DJ Premier-esque beat, the team takes turns describing the events that brought them to the point of dropping WP2, just over a decade from the release of their first album, World Premiere. Staying true to the style and sound that made them a recognizable group in the underground hip-hop world, this self-produced single layers multiple bass patterns over a variety of music styles, ranging from orchestra to soul samples to hip-rock, making for a production that speaks to their musical acquisition over the past fifteen years. The song shows faith, a little something that everybody could use these days. Unknown Prophets will celebrate the release of WP2 on 11/11/11 at the Triple Rock Social Club in Minneapolis.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Knockin' Out Impostors" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.