The Twin Cities area is known for being an underground hip-hop hotbed, and the group Unknown Prophets is a group from the Mini Apple that have found a way to carve out their own niche in a crowded scene. Their latest effort and first DJBooth feature, Knockin’ Out Imposters, is the first single from their forthcoming project World Premier 2 due to be released this fall. The producer half of the duo, Big Jess, creates a standard sample and chop-style beat for the song that weaves strings in and out of the track, setting the appropriate mood for MaD SoN‘s rhymes, as well as those of guest artist Planet Asia. If this record is any indication of what World Premier 2 is going to sound like, listeners who find the prototypical Twin Cities sound favorable will be more than satisfied with The UP’s upcoming album.
Written by JC Poppe on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.