The Twin Cities area is known for being an underground hip-hop hotbed, and the group Unknown Prophets is a group from the Mini Apple that have found a way to carve out their own niche in a crowded scene. Their latest effort and first DJBooth feature, Knockin’ Out Imposters, is the first single from their forthcoming project World Premier 2 due to be released this fall. The producer half of the duo, Big Jess, creates a standard sample and chop-style beat for the song that weaves strings in and out of the track, setting the appropriate mood for MaD SoN‘s rhymes, as well as those of guest artist Planet Asia. If this record is any indication of what World Premier 2 is going to sound like, listeners who find the prototypical Twin Cities sound favorable will be more than satisfied with The UP’s upcoming album.
Written by JC Poppe on 08/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.