This morning, after surviving Oklahoma’s strongest earthquake on record (I didn’t feel it, but thanks for caring), a friend and I were discussing all things French. No, not All Things Fresh, all things French, like sexy accents and sexy actress Mélanie Laurent. Throughout a discussion that consisted of Charles de Gaulle and District B13 (go watch it), Hip Hop was sadly not mentioned. Well, life works in mysterious ways and as you may have guessed, my life and Parisian production duo Union were apparently destined to crash together no more than two hours later. Thus far, my life (and ears) have really enjoyed their introduction Time Leak, and I’m sure you’ll agree once you press play. On their new single, and first Booth feature, Union enlists the legendary Talib Kweli and soulful singer Sly Johnson to assist on the vocals. Union’s sample-free, 100% organic, analog driven production is spacey, layered, and detailed complete with head-nodding stringy piano riffs throughout the entirety of the track. Union’s debut album, Analogtronics, will reach Earth’s hemisphere in early 2012 via Fat Beats. In the meantime, vive la France!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/6/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)