This morning, after surviving Oklahoma’s strongest earthquake on record (I didn’t feel it, but thanks for caring), a friend and I were discussing all things French. No, not All Things Fresh, all things French, like sexy accents and sexy actress Mélanie Laurent. Throughout a discussion that consisted of Charles de Gaulle and District B13 (go watch it), Hip Hop was sadly not mentioned. Well, life works in mysterious ways and as you may have guessed, my life and Parisian production duo Union were apparently destined to crash together no more than two hours later. Thus far, my life (and ears) have really enjoyed their introduction Time Leak, and I’m sure you’ll agree once you press play. On their new single, and first Booth feature, Union enlists the legendary Talib Kweli and soulful singer Sly Johnson to assist on the vocals. Union’s sample-free, 100% organic, analog driven production is spacey, layered, and detailed complete with head-nodding stringy piano riffs throughout the entirety of the track. Union’s debut album, Analogtronics, will reach Earth’s hemisphere in early 2012 via Fat Beats. In the meantime, vive la France!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/6/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.