This morning, after surviving Oklahoma’s strongest earthquake on record (I didn’t feel it, but thanks for caring), a friend and I were discussing all things French. No, not All Things Fresh, all things French, like sexy accents and sexy actress Mélanie Laurent. Throughout a discussion that consisted of Charles de Gaulle and District B13 (go watch it), Hip Hop was sadly not mentioned. Well, life works in mysterious ways and as you may have guessed, my life and Parisian production duo Union were apparently destined to crash together no more than two hours later. Thus far, my life (and ears) have really enjoyed their introduction Time Leak, and I’m sure you’ll agree once you press play. On their new single, and first Booth feature, Union enlists the legendary Talib Kweli and soulful singer Sly Johnson to assist on the vocals. Union’s sample-free, 100% organic, analog driven production is spacey, layered, and detailed complete with head-nodding stringy piano riffs throughout the entirety of the track. Union’s debut album, Analogtronics, will reach Earth’s hemisphere in early 2012 via Fat Beats. In the meantime, vive la France!
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/6/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)