Sorry to disappoint fans of freaky sex jams; the latest official leak off the forthcoming re-release of U-N-I‘s latest full-length is not, I repeat not a lovingly detailed tribute to the female genital organs. In actuality, the cut finds Thurzday and Y-O taking aim at certain “P*ssy-ass n*ggas” – specifically, the cowardly industry heads who make life difficult for all but the safest hip-hop acts. Backed by frequent production collaborator Ro Blvd‘s stark, bass-dominated boardwork, the reader-approved twosome deliver verses laced with razor-sharp lyrical barbs, presenting their trash-talk in the context of an utterly unbroadcastable episode of Jeopardy. Dilated Peoples frontman (and fellow Cali native) Evidence steps up to the mic to deliver some allusively aggressive bars on the back end, dropping references to The Outsiders and Brewster’s Millions in the same breath. U-N-I devotees can find P*ssy and four more previously-unreleased cuts on A Love Supreme 2.0, a CD/DVD re-release scheduled to hit stores and online retailers March 2.
Written by richard on 01/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.