Last summer, U-N-I brought us Land of the Kings, a rock-influenced track that earned very mixed reviews from Booth readers. While I have a hunch that the record’s genre-fusing sound might go over a little better today than it did back then, we may never know for sure – on the newly-released official remix (previously leaked to the net in an unfinished form), producer Ro. Blvd trades the original‘s propulsive instrumental for something considerably more laid-back, and switches the sung chorus for a chopped and screwed sample. The revamped, Southern-flavored beat, of course, is a perfect match for guest emcee Bun B, who follows up Thurzday and Y.O.‘s brand new bars with a braggadocio-packed closing verse. So, does this radical revamp surpass the original? In a world where “remix” often means “the same song, with one new verse,” it most definitely gets an “A” for effort. Whichever flavor of freshness you prefer, though, you’ll be able to find plenty more from the Inglewood mainstays on their new A Love Supreme 2.0 re-release, which hit iTunes this Tuesday.
Listen to More: U-N-I
Written by richard on 03/10/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.