In theory, pop music is all about bringing people together, regardless of race, class or walk of life; in practice, of course, it often does the opposite, making these differences all the more apparent. Is it possible to bring the reality closer to the ideal? Marietta, Georgia crew The Undergrads, making their Booth debut with new single Crayon Box, think so – we simply need to curb the urge to make snap judgments about one another. Backed by Varsity Squad‘s fittingly eclectic guitar/piano-driven instrumental, rappers E. Credit, Ro and Ronvé teach us a lesson on bridging gaps and breaking stereotypes, giving a few examples of situations in which our first impressions can steer us wrong. Singer JV rounds out the lineup, tying the record together with some smooth, tuneful, hook vocals. If this catchy ode to diversity and tolerance has lifted your spirits, more feel-good music awaits on the Undergrads’ Orientation LP, released back in June, and available now for free download from the group’s official website.
Written by richard on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.