Quality hip-hop ain’t always pretty, and UGLYFRANK is living proof. The Tacoma, WA representative’s looks aside, new single LEFTOVA boasts a sound and lyrical aesthetic that will undoubtedly have those with delicate sensibilities looking for the door. Heads with a taste for abrasive bars and dissonant production, on the other hand, will be able to see the beauty beneath the grime. Here, KReam Team‘s offbeat vocal samples, synths and staccato guitar chords back the ILLFIGHTYOU member as he describes the antisocial activities of an average day round his way, from pulling the trigger on his Tec to “breakin’ [a] plate at Benihanas.” He delivers his offbeat bars in a gruff, yet agile flow that’ll have listeners hanging on his every syllable. This promo cut is the first single off UGLYFRANK’s Bobby Hill EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.