Apollo Brown, Red Pill and Verbal Kent may not be the most handsome trio in the hip-hop game (By their own estimation—they look fine to me.), but what they lack in looks, the Ugly Heroes more than make up for in lyrical and production skills. Today, the Midwesterners give us our first taste taste of their combined prowess in the form of Graves, single numero uno off their forthcoming Mello Music Group debut. Brown, of course, mans the mixing boards, layering guitar chords and sour brass notes over a slow-rolling breakbeat as his colleagues take aim at all who would like to see them dead and buried before their time. Has this tenacious jam left you hungry for more? If so, you can keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 28, release of the Ugly Heroes’ self-titled collaborative full-length.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hero's Theme" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.