Apollo Brown, Red Pill and Verbal Kent may not be the most handsome trio in the hip-hop game (By their own estimation—they look fine to me.), but what they lack in looks, the Ugly Heroes more than make up for in lyrical and production skills. Today, the Midwesterners give us our first taste taste of their combined prowess in the form of Graves, single numero uno off their forthcoming Mello Music Group debut. Brown, of course, mans the mixing boards, layering guitar chords and sour brass notes over a slow-rolling breakbeat as his colleagues take aim at all who would like to see them dead and buried before their time. Has this tenacious jam left you hungry for more? If so, you can keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the May 28, release of the Ugly Heroes’ self-titled collaborative full-length.
Written by richard on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hero's Theme" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.