H- Town’s super duo UGK teams with Oscar winners Three 6 Mafia fusing their mighty powers together for a calling to all the true macks in their attentively titled, Playa’s Anthem. Just as the name implies, Playa’s Anthem is chuck full of verses where the featured emcees talk greasy about easy breezies as Juicy J lays down one of those show making sampled beats that we’ve come to expect from the Three 6 camp. But just as the song is on its way to becoming a classic it falls short in one major area: there’s no hook! How can you remember an anthem if there’s nothing memorable between the verses? Playa’s Anthem is still banging, but it’s definitely no Sippin’ on Some Sizzurp.
Written by Lochy N. on 02/21/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Belongs to Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.