H- Town’s super duo UGK teams with Oscar winners Three 6 Mafia fusing their mighty powers together for a calling to all the true macks in their attentively titled, Playa’s Anthem. Just as the name implies, Playa’s Anthem is chuck full of verses where the featured emcees talk greasy about easy breezies as Juicy J lays down one of those show making sampled beats that we’ve come to expect from the Three 6 camp. But just as the song is on its way to becoming a classic it falls short in one major area: there’s no hook! How can you remember an anthem if there’s nothing memorable between the verses? Playa’s Anthem is still banging, but it’s definitely no Sippin’ on Some Sizzurp.
Written by Lochy N. on 02/21/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Game Belongs to Me" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.