ADD SUV, the second single off Booth newcomer Uffie‘s forthcoming debut set, may sound like a hedonistic, electro-informed dancefloor-scorcher, but in reality there’s more to it than meets the ear: those who listen closer will find that the lyrics the Parisian rapper/singer robotically intones over frequent Madonna collaborator Mirwais‘glossy synth backdrop are actually a mordant commentary on… uh, I’m not exactly sure. While it seems very likely that Uffie’s talk of behavioral disorders and gas-guzzling automobiles is intended as a satire of American culture, the message isn’t all that clear; in any case, the record’s club appeal should have most listeners grooving too hard to read too far into it. Topped off with the disoriented yet fresh guest bars of a well-cast Pharrell Williams, this track and much more can be found on Uffie’s forthcoming Sex, Dreams & Denim Jeans LP, due out May 31 via Ed Banger.
Written by richard on 04/19/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.