Mick Boogie has had a busy year. In fact, the Cleveland, Ohio-to-Brooklyn, New York transplant hasn’t even had a chance to settle into his new digs. Earlier this week, the former Cavalier house DJ dropped his new Honor Roll mixtape, which includes a stellar tribute record to De La Soul. On Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Inglewood, California duo, U-N-I does a wondrous job of rapping over Ahmad Jamal’s Swahililand with energy and confidence. Producer 6th Sense works some magic on the track as well, complimenting the musical musing of the legendary J. Dilla. While it’s a shame that these ‘We Got Next’ artists have not yet graduated into the mainstream, the Booth sees their movement and plans to keep a close eye.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.