Mick Boogie has had a busy year. In fact, the Cleveland, Ohio-to-Brooklyn, New York transplant hasn’t even had a chance to settle into his new digs. Earlier this week, the former Cavalier house DJ dropped his new Honor Roll mixtape, which includes a stellar tribute record to De La Soul. On Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Inglewood, California duo, U-N-I does a wondrous job of rapping over Ahmad Jamal’s Swahililand with energy and confidence. Producer 6th Sense works some magic on the track as well, complimenting the musical musing of the legendary J. Dilla. While it’s a shame that these ‘We Got Next’ artists have not yet graduated into the mainstream, the Booth sees their movement and plans to keep a close eye.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.