Mick Boogie has had a busy year. In fact, the Cleveland, Ohio-to-Brooklyn, New York transplant hasn’t even had a chance to settle into his new digs. Earlier this week, the former Cavalier house DJ dropped his new Honor Roll mixtape, which includes a stellar tribute record to De La Soul. On Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Inglewood, California duo, U-N-I does a wondrous job of rapping over Ahmad Jamal’s Swahililand with energy and confidence. Producer 6th Sense works some magic on the track as well, complimenting the musical musing of the legendary J. Dilla. While it’s a shame that these ‘We Got Next’ artists have not yet graduated into the mainstream, the Booth sees their movement and plans to keep a close eye.
Listen to More: U-N-I
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.