Mick Boogie has had a busy year. In fact, the Cleveland, Ohio-to-Brooklyn, New York transplant hasn’t even had a chance to settle into his new digs. Earlier this week, the former Cavalier house DJ dropped his new Honor Roll mixtape, which includes a stellar tribute record to De La Soul. On Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Inglewood, California duo, U-N-I does a wondrous job of rapping over Ahmad Jamal’s Swahililand with energy and confidence. Producer 6th Sense works some magic on the track as well, complimenting the musical musing of the legendary J. Dilla. While it’s a shame that these ‘We Got Next’ artists have not yet graduated into the mainstream, the Booth sees their movement and plans to keep a close eye.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.