Mick Boogie has had a busy year. In fact, the Cleveland, Ohio-to-Brooklyn, New York transplant hasn’t even had a chance to settle into his new digs. Earlier this week, the former Cavalier house DJ dropped his new Honor Roll mixtape, which includes a stellar tribute record to De La Soul. On Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Inglewood, California duo, U-N-I does a wondrous job of rapping over Ahmad Jamal’s Swahililand with energy and confidence. Producer 6th Sense works some magic on the track as well, complimenting the musical musing of the legendary J. Dilla. While it’s a shame that these ‘We Got Next’ artists have not yet graduated into the mainstream, the Booth sees their movement and plans to keep a close eye.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.