Judging by the overwhelmingly positive reviews garnered by previous features Return and Stakes Is High (Pt. 1), Booth regulars are well aware that Inglewood duo U-N-I are in the game for the pure love of hip-hop. If you need to be reminded just how passionate Y-O and Thurzday are about this “music sh*t,” look no further than My Life the first leaked cut off their forthcoming A Love Supreme LP. After Thurzday relates how his desire to inspire people drove him to choose hip-hop over other, possibly more lucrative career paths, Y-O kicks the positivity up a notch farther, stating that, though he’s damned near broke, the fact that he’s pursuing his dream means every day’s a beautiful one. Featuring a head-bobbing, lightly jazzy beat by Ro Blvd and a hummable falsetto hook, this cut is as listenable as it is lyrically life-affirming—what more could old-school heads ask for? A Love Supreme, U-N-I’s debut studio album, hits stores on the 31st.
Written by richard on 03/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful Day" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.