Although U-N-I‘s home region of Southern California is the birthplace of gangsta rap, the Inglewood duo chose to forgo the formerly popular genre for a fresher approach to hip-hop. Named after their representation of the “U-N-I to the Verse,” emcee’s Y-O and Thurzday spit about a Beautiful Day, reminding listeners that as long as you’re still breathing, life is beautiful. Adding a laid-back, keyboard-sax tinged beat is producer Diabolic. For more fresh-sounding music, check out U-N-I’s street album, Fried Chicken & Watermelon, currently available locally and via online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stakes Is High (Pt. 1)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.