Although U-N-I‘s home region of Southern California is the birthplace of gangsta rap, the Inglewood duo chose to forgo the formerly popular genre for a fresher approach to hip-hop. Named after their representation of the “U-N-I to the Verse,” emcee’s Y-O and Thurzday spit about a Beautiful Day, reminding listeners that as long as you’re still breathing, life is beautiful. Adding a laid-back, keyboard-sax tinged beat is producer Diabolic. For more fresh-sounding music, check out U-N-I’s street album, Fried Chicken & Watermelon, currently available locally and via online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stakes Is High (Pt. 1)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.