Although U-N-I‘s home region of Southern California is the birthplace of gangsta rap, the Inglewood duo chose to forgo the formerly popular genre for a fresher approach to hip-hop. Named after their representation of the “U-N-I to the Verse,” emcee’s Y-O and Thurzday spit about a Beautiful Day, reminding listeners that as long as you’re still breathing, life is beautiful. Adding a laid-back, keyboard-sax tinged beat is producer Diabolic. For more fresh-sounding music, check out U-N-I’s street album, Fried Chicken & Watermelon, currently available locally and via online retailers.
Listen to More: U-N-I
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stakes Is High (Pt. 1)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)