Although U-N-I‘s home region of Southern California is the birthplace of gangsta rap, the Inglewood duo chose to forgo the formerly popular genre for a fresher approach to hip-hop. Named after their representation of the “U-N-I to the Verse,” emcee’s Y-O and Thurzday spit about a Beautiful Day, reminding listeners that as long as you’re still breathing, life is beautiful. Adding a laid-back, keyboard-sax tinged beat is producer Diabolic. For more fresh-sounding music, check out U-N-I’s street album, Fried Chicken & Watermelon, currently available locally and via online retailers.
Listen to More: U-N-I
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stakes Is High (Pt. 1)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.