Although U-N-I‘s home region of Southern California is the birthplace of gangsta rap, the Inglewood duo chose to forgo the formerly popular genre for a fresher approach to hip-hop. Named after their representation of the “U-N-I to the Verse,” emcee’s Y-O and Thurzday spit about a Beautiful Day, reminding listeners that as long as you’re still breathing, life is beautiful. Adding a laid-back, keyboard-sax tinged beat is producer Diabolic. For more fresh-sounding music, check out U-N-I’s street album, Fried Chicken & Watermelon, currently available locally and via online retailers.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stakes Is High (Pt. 1)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.