Introduced to our readership via September’s highly-acclaimed Spartacus, Staten Island rhymesayer Tyrone Briggs makes his triumphant return to The DJBooth with another fresh song release off his forthcoming EP. On street single Cold, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, beatsmith Sean Nathaniel serves up an appropriately icy arpeggiated-synth instrumental as Briggs delivers bars jam-packed with witty trash talk and braggadocio. (Standout line: “I’m so ahead of my time I could probably reminisce’ bout my future.”) Has this frosty cut left you shivering? Then you’d best grab a sweater, ‘cause it’s only gonna get colder when #ScatteredThought drops digitally on Tuesday, October 29.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tyrone Briggs’ Beezy Black-directed Cold visual.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.