When Tyrese calls his girl his “better half,” it’s more than just a figure of speech. As evidenced by Best of Me, the latest video single off his fifth studio album, the R&B vet gives her credit for amplifying his positive qualities and helping to mold him into a better man, simply by being who she is. Brandon “Bam” Alexander communicates comfort and intimacy on the production tip, layering warm keyboard voices over a fluid rhythm section, and director Matt Alonzo enlists Girlfriend Confidential LA‘s Eva Marcille to play Ty’s love interest in the artistic official visuals. Fans can find this heartfelt ballad, previously-featured single I Gotta Chick and much more on Open Invitation, available in stores and online as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out ft. Lil' Jon" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.