When Tyrese calls his girl his “better half,” it’s more than just a figure of speech. As evidenced by Best of Me, the latest video single off his fifth studio album, the R&B vet gives her credit for amplifying his positive qualities and helping to mold him into a better man, simply by being who she is. Brandon “Bam” Alexander communicates comfort and intimacy on the production tip, layering warm keyboard voices over a fluid rhythm section, and director Matt Alonzo enlists Girlfriend Confidential LA‘s Eva Marcille to play Ty’s love interest in the artistic official visuals. Fans can find this heartfelt ballad, previously-featured single I Gotta Chick and much more on Open Invitation, available in stores and online as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.