When Tyrese calls his girl his “better half,” it’s more than just a figure of speech. As evidenced by Best of Me, the latest video single off his fifth studio album, the R&B vet gives her credit for amplifying his positive qualities and helping to mold him into a better man, simply by being who she is. Brandon “Bam” Alexander communicates comfort and intimacy on the production tip, layering warm keyboard voices over a fluid rhythm section, and director Matt Alonzo enlists Girlfriend Confidential LA‘s Eva Marcille to play Ty’s love interest in the artistic official visuals. Fans can find this heartfelt ballad, previously-featured single I Gotta Chick and much more on Open Invitation, available in stores and online as of November 2011.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Turn Ya Out" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.