The cell phone is a great tool for keeping in touch with your loved ones (or, um, cheating on them, if you’re Tiger Woods), but an unhealthy obsession with those handy devices can also keep people apart. Just ask singer-songwriter Tynisha Keli, whose latest feature (personally sent to us by the artist and making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds her pleading with a fella to “...give me attention like you give your Blackberry.” Over Chris & Teeb‘s synth/guitar beat, Keli runs down a list of phone-related double-entendres, from the innocent (”Hold me and confide in me…”) to the risqué (”Turn me on, push my buttons”). While I question the singer’s decision to pursue a guy who has to be begged to put down a piece of plastic and pay attention to a woman, this record’s combo of catchy melody and hi-tech come-ons should add up to a hit with club/pop-loving listeners (and ensure that it’s a long time before I can browse a T-Mobile store without thinking impure thoughts). If this cutting-edge track piques your interest, keep it locked to our front page for the latest on Tynisha Keli’s forthcoming, yet-untitled album.
Written by richard on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish You Loved Me" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.