The cell phone is a great tool for keeping in touch with your loved ones (or, um, cheating on them, if you’re Tiger Woods), but an unhealthy obsession with those handy devices can also keep people apart. Just ask singer-songwriter Tynisha Keli, whose latest feature (personally sent to us by the artist and making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds her pleading with a fella to “...give me attention like you give your Blackberry.” Over Chris & Teeb‘s synth/guitar beat, Keli runs down a list of phone-related double-entendres, from the innocent (”Hold me and confide in me…”) to the risqué (”Turn me on, push my buttons”). While I question the singer’s decision to pursue a guy who has to be begged to put down a piece of plastic and pay attention to a woman, this record’s combo of catchy melody and hi-tech come-ons should add up to a hit with club/pop-loving listeners (and ensure that it’s a long time before I can browse a T-Mobile store without thinking impure thoughts). If this cutting-edge track piques your interest, keep it locked to our front page for the latest on Tynisha Keli’s forthcoming, yet-untitled album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish You Loved Me" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.