The cell phone is a great tool for keeping in touch with your loved ones (or, um, cheating on them, if you’re Tiger Woods), but an unhealthy obsession with those handy devices can also keep people apart. Just ask singer-songwriter Tynisha Keli, whose latest feature (personally sent to us by the artist and making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds her pleading with a fella to “...give me attention like you give your Blackberry.” Over Chris & Teeb‘s synth/guitar beat, Keli runs down a list of phone-related double-entendres, from the innocent (”Hold me and confide in me…”) to the risqué (”Turn me on, push my buttons”). While I question the singer’s decision to pursue a guy who has to be begged to put down a piece of plastic and pay attention to a woman, this record’s combo of catchy melody and hi-tech come-ons should add up to a hit with club/pop-loving listeners (and ensure that it’s a long time before I can browse a T-Mobile store without thinking impure thoughts). If this cutting-edge track piques your interest, keep it locked to our front page for the latest on Tynisha Keli’s forthcoming, yet-untitled album.
Written by richard on 12/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Wish You Loved Me" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.