Previously heard collaborating on hit single Molly, YMCMB emcee Tyga and buzzmaking beatsmith Mally Mall rejoin forces to co-headline new promotional single Wake Up In It. On this street-ready cut, Mally’s trap percussion and eerie bell arpeggios back his collaborator as he rhymes about his paper chase and his penchant for hittin’ it in the morning. G.O.O.D. Music signee Pusha T and MMG affiliate French Montana express equal enthusiasm about currency and early-AM lovemaking in their braggadocious guest 16s. Island-pop mainstay Sean Kingston rounds out the guest lineup, contributing some breezy chorus vocals as well as a brisk guest verse. Wake Up isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on each of the collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.