Previously heard collaborating on hit single Molly, YMCMB emcee Tyga and buzzmaking beatsmith Mally Mall rejoin forces to co-headline new promotional single Wake Up In It. On this street-ready cut, Mally’s trap percussion and eerie bell arpeggios back his collaborator as he rhymes about his paper chase and his penchant for hittin’ it in the morning. G.O.O.D. Music signee Pusha T and MMG affiliate French Montana express equal enthusiasm about currency and early-AM lovemaking in their braggadocious guest 16s. Island-pop mainstay Sean Kingston rounds out the guest lineup, contributing some breezy chorus vocals as well as a brisk guest verse. Wake Up isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on each of the collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.