Previously heard collaborating on hit single Molly, YMCMB emcee Tyga and buzzmaking beatsmith Mally Mall rejoin forces to co-headline new promotional single Wake Up In It. On this street-ready cut, Mally’s trap percussion and eerie bell arpeggios back his collaborator as he rhymes about his paper chase and his penchant for hittin’ it in the morning. G.O.O.D. Music signee Pusha T and MMG affiliate French Montana express equal enthusiasm about currency and early-AM lovemaking in their braggadocious guest 16s. Island-pop mainstay Sean Kingston rounds out the guest lineup, contributing some breezy chorus vocals as well as a brisk guest verse. Wake Up isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on each of the collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.