While we’ve heard numerous cuts from other projects over the past few months, it’s been nearly six months since Tyga’s unleashed a selection from his upcoming album, Careless World, onto our pages (Far Away). Well, what better way to get some buzz building again than a new single with uber-star Drake? (That was a rhetorical question.) New single Still Got It finds the Young Money signee recruiting Drizzy’s production companion Noah “40” Shebib, in partnership with Supa Dups, to create the kind of up-tempo yet slowly winding beat radio seems to have an insatiable appetite for. For his part Drizzy offers up the kind of softly crooned hook, paired with a little swagger talk, that’s become his trademark, setting up Tyga to drop some verses that walk the thin line between a booty call and true love: “What’s the point of titles? / I’d rather stay friends with benefits until we ready.” Oh Tyga, I bet you say that to all the girls. Is this the kind of cut that will make the release of Careless World on November 19 a major event? That’s up to you to decide Booth Nation – have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.