While we’ve heard numerous cuts from other projects over the past few months, it’s been nearly six months since Tyga’s unleashed a selection from his upcoming album, Careless World, onto our pages (Far Away). Well, what better way to get some buzz building again than a new single with uber-star Drake? (That was a rhetorical question.) New single Still Got It finds the Young Money signee recruiting Drizzy’s production companion Noah “40” Shebib, in partnership with Supa Dups, to create the kind of up-tempo yet slowly winding beat radio seems to have an insatiable appetite for. For his part Drizzy offers up the kind of softly crooned hook, paired with a little swagger talk, that’s become his trademark, setting up Tyga to drop some verses that walk the thin line between a booty call and true love: “What’s the point of titles? / I’d rather stay friends with benefits until we ready.” Oh Tyga, I bet you say that to all the girls. Is this the kind of cut that will make the release of Careless World on November 19 a major event? That’s up to you to decide Booth Nation – have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.