While we’ve heard numerous cuts from other projects over the past few months, it’s been nearly six months since Tyga’s unleashed a selection from his upcoming album, Careless World, onto our pages (Far Away). Well, what better way to get some buzz building again than a new single with uber-star Drake? (That was a rhetorical question.) New single Still Got It finds the Young Money signee recruiting Drizzy’s production companion Noah “40” Shebib, in partnership with Supa Dups, to create the kind of up-tempo yet slowly winding beat radio seems to have an insatiable appetite for. For his part Drizzy offers up the kind of softly crooned hook, paired with a little swagger talk, that’s become his trademark, setting up Tyga to drop some verses that walk the thin line between a booty call and true love: “What’s the point of titles? / I’d rather stay friends with benefits until we ready.” Oh Tyga, I bet you say that to all the girls. Is this the kind of cut that will make the release of Careless World on November 19 a major event? That’s up to you to decide Booth Nation – have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.