A family of disorders primarily afflicting the elderly, Senile Dementia is associated with a wide variety of symptoms, including impaired memory, confusion, disorientation, and a lack of appreciation for Tyga‘s latest record. OK, that last one sounds a little out of place. While you probably shouldn’t use this freshly-minted single to gauge the health of your gray matter, it does provide some dope mental stimulation. David D.A. Doman takes an unconventional tack behind the mixing boards, pairing detuned music-box arpeggios with slow-rolling percussion and quirky, microtonal synth flourishes. Over the left-of-center instrumental, Tyga trades boastful, free-associative verses with fellow Young Money hitmakers Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj. This joint is set to be featured, along with Minaj’s recently-released Lookin’ Ass N*gga, on YMCMB‘s Rise of an Empire compilation, slated to hit record stores and online retailers March 11.
Update: We have added the Colin Tilley-directed visuals for Tyga’s Senile single.
Written by richard on 04/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.