A few years ago (let’s say two) the mere thought of Tyga doing a track with Wale and Nas would have caused the craniums of hip-hop heads worldwide to explode. “You mean the Coconut Juice guy on a track with two of the best lyricists alive?” But with Tyga continuing to musically mature (along with the occasional stripper anthem) and both Wale and Nas diversifying their guest feature list maybe a track like King & Queens isn’t so unexpected after all. Production crew The Olympicks lay down the beat, providing a refreshingly uncomplicated production that contains some real soul. An instrumental like that is apparently enough to inspire Tyga to put his Platinum certified racks down for a moment and display his often underrated microphone skills. Not to be outdone by a youngin’, Wale comes through with a solid verse of his own, followed by some serious heat from the seemingly resurgent Nasty Nas on the back end. So how about it DJBooth Nation? Is King & Queens dope enough to have even the doubters check out Tyga’s Careless World: The Rise of the King album when it drops this Tuesday, February 21? We’ll find out soon in the comments below…
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/12
My father was a large man, and he was not prone to merciful acts. Growing up we’d play driveway basketball and if I dared so much as drive to the rim he would swat my shot into the neighbor’s yard, or failing that, make...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.