A little time in the industry can really do a number on a guy. Take Tyga – once a fresh-faced youngster with a taste for Coconut Juice , the SoCal native now spends his days so high off the combined effects of fame, money, weed and liquor that, to the untrained eye, he looks like a man Hypnotized. Whatever’s happened to the rest of his faculties, the man’s mic skills have only grown sharper – if further proof is needed, simply peep the latest leak off his forthcoming, long-delayed mixtape. Key Wane sets a fittingly faded mood on the production tip, mixing staticky percussion and ambient piano/synth loops as the emcee showcases his slow flows. Though he admits he’s often haunted by Black Thoughts, he’s still damn pleased with his success to date, as evidenced by the scatterbrained braggadocio that packs his bars: “I’m on a mission to Mars – Don Cheadle / I’m a legend, y’all ordinary people.” While Tyga’s eagerly-anticipated Black Thoughts Vol. 2 still has yet to receive a solid drop date, Hypnotized may provide just the push it needs to finally see the light of day; either way, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.