A little time in the industry can really do a number on a guy. Take Tyga – once a fresh-faced youngster with a taste for Coconut Juice , the SoCal native now spends his days so high off the combined effects of fame, money, weed and liquor that, to the untrained eye, he looks like a man Hypnotized. Whatever’s happened to the rest of his faculties, the man’s mic skills have only grown sharper – if further proof is needed, simply peep the latest leak off his forthcoming, long-delayed mixtape. Key Wane sets a fittingly faded mood on the production tip, mixing staticky percussion and ambient piano/synth loops as the emcee showcases his slow flows. Though he admits he’s often haunted by Black Thoughts, he’s still damn pleased with his success to date, as evidenced by the scatterbrained braggadocio that packs his bars: “I’m on a mission to Mars – Don Cheadle / I’m a legend, y’all ordinary people.” While Tyga’s eagerly-anticipated Black Thoughts Vol. 2 still has yet to receive a solid drop date, Hypnotized may provide just the push it needs to finally see the light of day; either way, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.