A little time in the industry can really do a number on a guy. Take Tyga – once a fresh-faced youngster with a taste for Coconut Juice , the SoCal native now spends his days so high off the combined effects of fame, money, weed and liquor that, to the untrained eye, he looks like a man Hypnotized. Whatever’s happened to the rest of his faculties, the man’s mic skills have only grown sharper – if further proof is needed, simply peep the latest leak off his forthcoming, long-delayed mixtape. Key Wane sets a fittingly faded mood on the production tip, mixing staticky percussion and ambient piano/synth loops as the emcee showcases his slow flows. Though he admits he’s often haunted by Black Thoughts, he’s still damn pleased with his success to date, as evidenced by the scatterbrained braggadocio that packs his bars: “I’m on a mission to Mars – Don Cheadle / I’m a legend, y’all ordinary people.” While Tyga’s eagerly-anticipated Black Thoughts Vol. 2 still has yet to receive a solid drop date, Hypnotized may provide just the push it needs to finally see the light of day; either way, keep your browsers locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)