Without question one of the most popular and controversial 2Pac records of all-time is diss track Hit ‘Em Up. Now, roughly 17 years later, the song’s title and it’s creator have returned… sort of. Preparing for the release of his upcoming third studio album, YMCMB artist Tyga has dropped Hit’em Up, a street single that features unreleased vocals from iconic hip hop diety Tupac Shakur and a full guest 16 from Jadakiss. Rap purists will have to try mighty hard to mute their emotions upon listening to the DJ Mustard-produced song, seeing as how the track’s original source material from Pac’s All Eyez on Me helped to cement an already fuming East Coast-West Coast hip hop beef at the time. That’s right; a Death Row Records artist on the same track as a former Bad Boy Records artist with whom he had notable beef. Say it ain’t so, Tyga. Hotel California is set for release next Tuesday, April 9.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.