This weekend, the Internet was abuzz over leaks from two new artists signed to Young Money Entertainment; in addition to Nicki Minaj‘s I Get Crazy (also featured today), one of the tracks off Tyga‘s sophomore album, The Introduction, hit the Web. With the song already circulating, Tyga’s management team has decided to make lemonade of their lemons and roll with Lay You Down as the emcee’s new buzz single. And why shouldn’t they? The Cali native demonstrates exactly why he won that 2008 Best of the Booth award with inspired verses and some smooth hook vocals. Of course, Weezy‘s responsible for a good portion of the cut’s appeal—in addition to contributing ad-libs and a closing verse, he lays a guitar track over David D.A. Doman’s instrumental. It’s safe to say that Lay You Down is a musical work of art—one that should only heighten fan anticipation for the full gallery’s September opening.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)