This weekend, the Internet was abuzz over leaks from two new artists signed to Young Money Entertainment; in addition to Nicki Minaj‘s I Get Crazy (also featured today), one of the tracks off Tyga‘s sophomore album, The Introduction, hit the Web. With the song already circulating, Tyga’s management team has decided to make lemonade of their lemons and roll with Lay You Down as the emcee’s new buzz single. And why shouldn’t they? The Cali native demonstrates exactly why he won that 2008 Best of the Booth award with inspired verses and some smooth hook vocals. Of course, Weezy‘s responsible for a good portion of the cut’s appeal—in addition to contributing ad-libs and a closing verse, he lays a guitar track over David D.A. Doman’s instrumental. It’s safe to say that Lay You Down is a musical work of art—one that should only heighten fan anticipation for the full gallery’s September opening.
Written by Burmy on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.