When Tyga released his debut album, No Introduction, on June 10, many listeners considered him part of the “new generation” of hip-hop youth. Apparently, he’s also bringing back the real remix trend, rapping a never-before-heard verse for a revisited version of Coconut Juice over a brand-new beat by Jon Famous. That verse is sandwiched between guest features by Tyga’s boss Lil’ Wayne and fellow relative newcomer Rich Boy, all of whom show off exactly how they stunt at the club (hint: Tyga’s choice of drink is the mildest of the three). Even though No Introduction might have fallen off the Billboard 200 Album charts, Tyga’s primary commitment is still to his craft; as long as he keeps that up, you canexpect more enjoyable listens in the future.
Written by Burmy on 07/31/08
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.