When Tyga released his debut album, No Introduction, on June 10, many listeners considered him part of the “new generation” of hip-hop youth. Apparently, he’s also bringing back the real remix trend, rapping a never-before-heard verse for a revisited version of Coconut Juice over a brand-new beat by Jon Famous. That verse is sandwiched between guest features by Tyga’s boss Lil’ Wayne and fellow relative newcomer Rich Boy, all of whom show off exactly how they stunt at the club (hint: Tyga’s choice of drink is the mildest of the three). Even though No Introduction might have fallen off the Billboard 200 Album charts, Tyga’s primary commitment is still to his craft; as long as he keeps that up, you canexpect more enjoyable listens in the future.
Written by Burmy on 07/31/08
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.