On Wednesday evening, Tyga opened up for Lil’ Wayne on the Chicago stop of his Carter III promotional tour. Though his set only included four songs, all of which were from his recently-released debut, No Introduction, the crowd was hype during the entire twenty minutes he performed. On I Am, a song that didn’t make the official album but managed to get squeezed in as an iTunes bonus track, Tyga and his mentor Wayne discuss what they are, as well as what they could be. Unlike any artist who has featured Weezy on a track before him, the California-bred rookie spits the line “I am what I am, to a fan I am him… a legend I am.” It seems like Wayne has found himself the perfect artist for Young Money Entertainment.
Written by DJ Z on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.