On Wednesday evening, Tyga opened up for Lil’ Wayne on the Chicago stop of his Carter III promotional tour. Though his set only included four songs, all of which were from his recently-released debut, No Introduction, the crowd was hype during the entire twenty minutes he performed. On I Am, a song that didn’t make the official album but managed to get squeezed in as an iTunes bonus track, Tyga and his mentor Wayne discuss what they are, as well as what they could be. Unlike any artist who has featured Weezy on a track before him, the California-bred rookie spits the line “I am what I am, to a fan I am him… a legend I am.” It seems like Wayne has found himself the perfect artist for Young Money Entertainment.
Written by DJ Z on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)