On Wednesday evening, Tyga opened up for Lil’ Wayne on the Chicago stop of his Carter III promotional tour. Though his set only included four songs, all of which were from his recently-released debut, No Introduction, the crowd was hype during the entire twenty minutes he performed. On I Am, a song that didn’t make the official album but managed to get squeezed in as an iTunes bonus track, Tyga and his mentor Wayne discuss what they are, as well as what they could be. Unlike any artist who has featured Weezy on a track before him, the California-bred rookie spits the line “I am what I am, to a fan I am him… a legend I am.” It seems like Wayne has found himself the perfect artist for Young Money Entertainment.
Written by DJ Z on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.