As anyone who’s ever committed a relationship-ending f*ckup is well aware, the psychological distance created by one breach of trust can be harder to bridge than any amount of physical space. Judging by the latest single off his long-awaited sophomore set, Tyga had to learn that lesson the hard way; the emotionally-charged Far Away finds the Young Money mainstay haunted by regret as he reminisces about the girl he just left behind. Jess Jackson goes for crossover appeal on the production tip, layering light-rock guitar arpeggios over mournful piano chords as the Compton native reveals just how devastated he is in the wake of their breakup; though he’d “walk a thousand miles just to see her smile again,” (to quote singer Chris Richardson‘s emotionally-charged chorus), he’s painfully aware that the time for reconciliation is past. Careless World still has yet to receive a solid drop date from the Bat Squad/Decaydance/G.E.D./Young Money brass, but Tyga fans fiending for new material can ease their cravings by downloading a copy of the artist’s Black Thoughts 2 mixtape, released in early April and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
Last Kings Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Coconut Juice ft. Travis McCoy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.