Whether it was because of a media conspiracy, as he alleges, because the album wasn’t very good, or a little bit of both, the numbers say that Chris Brown’s Graffiti was a relative flop for Breezy. Attempting to recover his previous spot at the top of the game, Brown is looking to get a boost by teaming up with Cash Money young stunna Tyga for a collabo mixalbum, Fan of a Fan. While Brown both rhymes and raps on Fan, on standout track Deuces, he leaves the mic work to Tyga and newcomer Kevin McCall, instead concentrating, and succeeding, on dropping a typically smooth vocal performance over a simple but effective beat from KMack and Jahlil. So how about it Booth nation? Can we call it a comeback (after all, he’s been here for years), or is Brown still a long way from regaining his former glory? Those who answered yes to the first question have undoubtedly already downloaded Ill Will & DJ Rockstar Present: Chris Brown & Tyga Fan of a Fan, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.