Whether it was because of a media conspiracy, as he alleges, because the album wasn’t very good, or a little bit of both, the numbers say that Chris Brown’s Graffiti was a relative flop for Breezy. Attempting to recover his previous spot at the top of the game, Brown is looking to get a boost by teaming up with Cash Money young stunna Tyga for a collabo mixalbum, Fan of a Fan. While Brown both rhymes and raps on Fan, on standout track Deuces, he leaves the mic work to Tyga and newcomer Kevin McCall, instead concentrating, and succeeding, on dropping a typically smooth vocal performance over a simple but effective beat from KMack and Jahlil. So how about it Booth nation? Can we call it a comeback (after all, he’s been here for years), or is Brown still a long way from regaining his former glory? Those who answered yes to the first question have undoubtedly already downloaded Ill Will & DJ Rockstar Present: Chris Brown & Tyga Fan of a Fan, available now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.