Whether it was because of a media conspiracy, as he alleges, because the album wasn’t very good, or a little bit of both, the numbers say that Chris Brown’s Graffiti was a relative flop for Breezy. Attempting to recover his previous spot at the top of the game, Brown is looking to get a boost by teaming up with Cash Money young stunna Tyga for a collabo mixalbum, Fan of a Fan. While Brown both rhymes and raps on Fan, on standout track Deuces, he leaves the mic work to Tyga and newcomer Kevin McCall, instead concentrating, and succeeding, on dropping a typically smooth vocal performance over a simple but effective beat from KMack and Jahlil. So how about it Booth nation? Can we call it a comeback (after all, he’s been here for years), or is Brown still a long way from regaining his former glory? Those who answered yes to the first question have undoubtedly already downloaded Ill Will & DJ Rockstar Present: Chris Brown & Tyga Fan of a Fan, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.