Whether it was because of a media conspiracy, as he alleges, because the album wasn’t very good, or a little bit of both, the numbers say that Chris Brown’s Graffiti was a relative flop for Breezy. Attempting to recover his previous spot at the top of the game, Brown is looking to get a boost by teaming up with Cash Money young stunna Tyga for a collabo mixalbum, Fan of a Fan. While Brown both rhymes and raps on Fan, on standout track Deuces, he leaves the mic work to Tyga and newcomer Kevin McCall, instead concentrating, and succeeding, on dropping a typically smooth vocal performance over a simple but effective beat from KMack and Jahlil. So how about it Booth nation? Can we call it a comeback (after all, he’s been here for years), or is Brown still a long way from regaining his former glory? Those who answered yes to the first question have undoubtedly already downloaded Ill Will & DJ Rockstar Present: Chris Brown & Tyga Fan of a Fan, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wall To Wall" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.