Think you’re having a bad day? Well, Booth newcomer Tye is going through some struggles that might put yours into perspective. With a sick father, medical bills piling up and an eviction notice taped to his door, the artist is trying to survive By Any Means necessary. Fortunately, he is a talented emcee, so those means include giving us authentic, grimy hip-hop. While some artists might fabricate or exaggerate stories of their struggles, Tye’s passionate, almost angry flow is proof the emcee lives what he spits and vice versa. Backed by a mysterious beat from Jay Feddy, Tye uses said flow to vent his frustration regarding his current situation. If the Charm City native continues like this, there is no challenge that can get in the way of his success. By Any Means will find a home on Tye’s forthcoming summer album, Lord Knows.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.