Think you’re having a bad day? Well, Booth newcomer Tye is going through some struggles that might put yours into perspective. With a sick father, medical bills piling up and an eviction notice taped to his door, the artist is trying to survive By Any Means necessary. Fortunately, he is a talented emcee, so those means include giving us authentic, grimy hip-hop. While some artists might fabricate or exaggerate stories of their struggles, Tye’s passionate, almost angry flow is proof the emcee lives what he spits and vice versa. Backed by a mysterious beat from Jay Feddy, Tye uses said flow to vent his frustration regarding his current situation. If the Charm City native continues like this, there is no challenge that can get in the way of his success. By Any Means will find a home on Tye’s forthcoming summer album, Lord Knows.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.