Think you’re having a bad day? Well, Booth newcomer Tye is going through some struggles that might put yours into perspective. With a sick father, medical bills piling up and an eviction notice taped to his door, the artist is trying to survive By Any Means necessary. Fortunately, he is a talented emcee, so those means include giving us authentic, grimy hip-hop. While some artists might fabricate or exaggerate stories of their struggles, Tye’s passionate, almost angry flow is proof the emcee lives what he spits and vice versa. Backed by a mysterious beat from Jay Feddy, Tye uses said flow to vent his frustration regarding his current situation. If the Charm City native continues like this, there is no challenge that can get in the way of his success. By Any Means will find a home on Tye’s forthcoming summer album, Lord Knows.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.