This past April, the Booth featured St. Louis R&B up-and-comer Tydis and his debut single on which the 18-year-old singer/songwriter found it hard to Breathe when his woman was around. Fast forward six months, Tydis has supplied us with an almost-identical single in You Make Me Say. As he continues swooning over the female from the previous single, the Trak Starz again contribute a Timbo-esque beat. Though some may be quick to critique the topical similarities and vibe of the two records, it seems as though Tydis is merely looking to find some consistency while solidifying his core (female) audience. The Midwest native’s debut album, Sensation, does not currently have a set release date.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.