This past April, the Booth featured St. Louis R&B up-and-comer Tydis and his debut single on which the 18-year-old singer/songwriter found it hard to Breathe when his woman was around. Fast forward six months, Tydis has supplied us with an almost-identical single in You Make Me Say. As he continues swooning over the female from the previous single, the Trak Starz again contribute a Timbo-esque beat. Though some may be quick to critique the topical similarities and vibe of the two records, it seems as though Tydis is merely looking to find some consistency while solidifying his core (female) audience. The Midwest native’s debut album, Sensation, does not currently have a set release date.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.