This past April, the Booth featured St. Louis R&B up-and-comer Tydis and his debut single on which the 18-year-old singer/songwriter found it hard to Breathe when his woman was around. Fast forward six months, Tydis has supplied us with an almost-identical single in You Make Me Say. As he continues swooning over the female from the previous single, the Trak Starz again contribute a Timbo-esque beat. Though some may be quick to critique the topical similarities and vibe of the two records, it seems as though Tydis is merely looking to find some consistency while solidifying his core (female) audience. The Midwest native’s debut album, Sensation, does not currently have a set release date.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.