This past April, the Booth featured St. Louis R&B up-and-comer Tydis and his debut single on which the 18-year-old singer/songwriter found it hard to Breathe when his woman was around. Fast forward six months, Tydis has supplied us with an almost-identical single in You Make Me Say. As he continues swooning over the female from the previous single, the Trak Starz again contribute a Timbo-esque beat. Though some may be quick to critique the topical similarities and vibe of the two records, it seems as though Tydis is merely looking to find some consistency while solidifying his core (female) audience. The Midwest native’s debut album, Sensation, does not currently have a set release date.
Written by Burmy on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.