Are a few minutes in heaven worth the inevitably expensive, oftentimes traumatic prospect of an unwanted pregnancy? Of course not, but in the heat of the moment people tend to get really stupid. Take it from R&B duo Ty & Kory, whose first Booth feature finds them exploring the likely consequences of gettin’ it in sans latex—though it feels “freakin’ right” at the time, in hindsight it was pretty obviously Dead Wrong. It’s a message that can’t be stressed enough, but is the song catchy enough to drive the point home? Thanks to the NYC/LA-based twosome’s contrasting vocal tones and Chase N. Cashe head-bobbing instrumental (complete with an infectious chipmunk-soul sample), this record just might get the repeat spins necessary for its moral to sink in—in any case, it’s a noble effort, and will doubtless meet a warm reception from the Booth’s resident R&B-lovers. Dead Wrong 2.0 is set for inclusion on a forthcoming project, the details of which are TBD. In the meantime, fans can find more Raw & Bangin’ jams on Ty & Kory’s latest mixtape, available now at their label’s official website.
Written by richard on 05/25/09
Submit your Rating
Buddah Brown Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.