Ty Farris is a f**king rydah. Though most listeners likely guessed that from the title of his last digital full-length, November 2013’s Rydah Music, he evidently thought the point bore further emphasis. On a freshly-released mixtape standout, he explicitly states that “We Rydahs,” and proceeds to offer a full rundown of what that entails. Despite hailing from Canada, KidTerrorBeatz cooks up an instrumental with a smooth down-South flavor, layering wah-wah guitar and vibrant bells over a leisurely rhythm section. Farris tailors his delivery to the beat, adopting a laid-back flow as he paints a sumptuous lyrical portrait of ballerdom. For this whip-ready selection and much more, cop Ty’s The Barcode mixtape, available now courtesy of Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"5 Star General" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.