Got a brand new sound system to break in? Ty Farris has you covered. As its title indicates, System Banging is built to rattle trunks, push speakers to their limits, and (if you’re not careful) earn noise citations from the local police. Freek Von Workum handles production duties on this street-certified selection, layering exquisitely grimy synths over throbbing percussion as the Motown repper shows us what he’s got rigged up in his ride: “6 by 9s on a thousand-watt amp / Every time the bass hit, you can see it in my lamp / Had to get an extra battery and throw it in the back / Never turn it to the max; it’ll make a window crack.” Like what you’re hearing? More Rydah Music awaits on Ty Farris’ next project, scheduled for release in September.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"5 Star General" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)