Got a brand new sound system to break in? Ty Farris has you covered. As its title indicates, System Banging is built to rattle trunks, push speakers to their limits, and (if you’re not careful) earn noise citations from the local police. Freek Von Workum handles production duties on this street-certified selection, layering exquisitely grimy synths over throbbing percussion as the Motown repper shows us what he’s got rigged up in his ride: “6 by 9s on a thousand-watt amp / Every time the bass hit, you can see it in my lamp / Had to get an extra battery and throw it in the back / Never turn it to the max; it’ll make a window crack.” Like what you’re hearing? More Rydah Music awaits on Ty Farris’ next project, scheduled for release in September.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"5 Star General" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.