When I go out for pizza or bagels, I’m not the type to order one with “Everything.” One or two carefully-selected toppings will do me fine. Booth newcomers Two-9, on the other hand, are dyed-in-the-wool maximalists. On their latest promo single, originally released to the ‘net in December but featured here in its new, remastered/untagged form, the ATLien hip-hop crew describe their “go big or go home” approach to intoxication (Why choose weed or liquor when you can have both?), burglary (They’ll take anything not nailed down—then they’ll pry up the nails), fashion (Designer labels all around.) and pretty much everything else. Superproducer Mike WiLL Made It does it appropriately big on the production tip, packing his instrumental with moody synths, booming bass and lightning-fast hi-hat rolls. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Two-9’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Money Counter" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.