When I go out for pizza or bagels, I’m not the type to order one with “Everything.” One or two carefully-selected toppings will do me fine. Booth newcomers Two-9, on the other hand, are dyed-in-the-wool maximalists. On their latest promo single, originally released to the ‘net in December but featured here in its new, remastered/untagged form, the ATLien hip-hop crew describe their “go big or go home” approach to intoxication (Why choose weed or liquor when you can have both?), burglary (They’ll take anything not nailed down—then they’ll pry up the nails), fashion (Designer labels all around.) and pretty much everything else. Superproducer Mike WiLL Made It does it appropriately big on the production tip, packing his instrumental with moody synths, booming bass and lightning-fast hi-hat rolls. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Two-9’s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!