When I go out for pizza or bagels, I’m not the type to order one with “Everything.” One or two carefully-selected toppings will do me fine. Booth newcomers Two-9, on the other hand, are dyed-in-the-wool maximalists. On their latest promo single, originally released to the ‘net in December but featured here in its new, remastered/untagged form, the ATLien hip-hop crew describe their “go big or go home” approach to intoxication (Why choose weed or liquor when you can have both?), burglary (They’ll take anything not nailed down—then they’ll pry up the nails), fashion (Designer labels all around.) and pretty much everything else. Superproducer Mike WiLL Made It does it appropriately big on the production tip, packing his instrumental with moody synths, booming bass and lightning-fast hi-hat rolls. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Two-9’s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.