When I go out for pizza or bagels, I’m not the type to order one with “Everything.” One or two carefully-selected toppings will do me fine. Booth newcomers Two-9, on the other hand, are dyed-in-the-wool maximalists. On their latest promo single, originally released to the ‘net in December but featured here in its new, remastered/untagged form, the ATLien hip-hop crew describe their “go big or go home” approach to intoxication (Why choose weed or liquor when you can have both?), burglary (They’ll take anything not nailed down—then they’ll pry up the nails), fashion (Designer labels all around.) and pretty much everything else. Superproducer Mike WiLL Made It does it appropriately big on the production tip, packing his instrumental with moody synths, booming bass and lightning-fast hi-hat rolls. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Two-9’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.