On Twista‘s previous album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, the emcee attempted to recapture the magic of his classic ‘97 set, but it looks like his upcoming eighth album, Category F5 (the most devastating kind of tornado, or “twister”) could be even more of a treat for old-school fans, partially because of his newfound independent status. Hearkening back to the Chicago native’s breakout hit, which showcased his ability to Get It Wet, Wetter finds Twista demonstrating all the smooth moves he’s learned in the time since. Though female hook singer, Erika Shevon, adds to the ambience, what should really get the hardcore fans’ attention is that, for the first time since Mariah Carey‘s ‘05 One And Only, The Legendary Trakster is once again behind the boards while Twista is on the mic. Wetter is a strong early candidate for Chi-Town’s ‘09 hip-hop anthem, and fans can expect plenty more heat for the Midwest streets when Category F5 is released this spring.
Listen to More: Twista
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.