On Twista‘s previous album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, the emcee attempted to recapture the magic of his classic ‘97 set, but it looks like his upcoming eighth album, Category F5 (the most devastating kind of tornado, or “twister”) could be even more of a treat for old-school fans, partially because of his newfound independent status. Hearkening back to the Chicago native’s breakout hit, which showcased his ability to Get It Wet, Wetter finds Twista demonstrating all the smooth moves he’s learned in the time since. Though female hook singer, Erika Shevon, adds to the ambience, what should really get the hardcore fans’ attention is that, for the first time since Mariah Carey‘s ‘05 One And Only, The Legendary Trakster is once again behind the boards while Twista is on the mic. Wetter is a strong early candidate for Chi-Town’s ‘09 hip-hop anthem, and fans can expect plenty more heat for the Midwest streets when Category F5 is released this spring.
Listen to More: Twista Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.