On Twista‘s previous album, Adrenaline Rush 2007, the emcee attempted to recapture the magic of his classic ‘97 set, but it looks like his upcoming eighth album, Category F5 (the most devastating kind of tornado, or “twister”) could be even more of a treat for old-school fans, partially because of his newfound independent status. Hearkening back to the Chicago native’s breakout hit, which showcased his ability to Get It Wet, Wetter finds Twista demonstrating all the smooth moves he’s learned in the time since. Though female hook singer, Erika Shevon, adds to the ambience, what should really get the hardcore fans’ attention is that, for the first time since Mariah Carey‘s ‘05 One And Only, The Legendary Trakster is once again behind the boards while Twista is on the mic. Wetter is a strong early candidate for Chi-Town’s ‘09 hip-hop anthem, and fans can expect plenty more heat for the Midwest streets when Category F5 is released this spring.
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.